BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 Regional Clubs
 D.C./Baltimore/Philly/NYC Club
 Any one out there?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

spires
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2004 :  20:03:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,
Sorry to join the party late. My name is Sergio and I am the new owner of a 1984 745i (I have actually owned the car for 2 days). As a new member, I would like to introduce myself. I am curious to know how many members live near the New York/New Jersey area and if anyone knows of a good 745i mechanic in the area. Thanks in advance.
P.S. This car is a beast
-Sergio
Go To Top Of Page

cliffo
Over 745 Posts!

768 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2004 :  04:29:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome aboard, sergio!!!! better late than never
Go To Top Of Page

tihuovin
Over 745 Posts!

956 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2004 :  06:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to group but beware Sergio, you might learn some new and bad habits with your new beast ]. 745 is very addictive too [12], once you have it in your blood, you never be the same again, you must have your daily run.

BR,
Timo
Go To Top Of Page

greg_mazur
Over 745 Posts!

1234 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2004 :  07:41:53   View greg_mazur's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'am from central Penna. ever get in my area let me know. Will be going to Carlile (spelling?) Pa on may 21-23 for import show. Look me up ,will be displaying Mazda Cosmo in the Mazda area. Once you ex-[perience the "45i" your hooked. Car has ideal shape ,size, engineering, and will gather up speed like a bullet! I think someday the 745i to be a very sought after classic.

Edited by - greg_mazur on Apr 29 2004 09:36:25
Go To Top Of Page

joee
Master Technician

226 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2004 :  10:32:38   View joee's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit joee's Homepage  Send joee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Timo is correct about the addiction. I took an 86 745 for a test drive and never brought it back.
It only took one drive at 10psi to decide that this car was for me... I bought mine at 172k mi.
with a leaking head gasket. I had also found this board before buying my car. I would be lost without
the people and info on this board. Thank you to all that participate!!!

Scottie, I think I saw you drive by this morning. Were you in your 745 on Sevens Creek about 9:45 ?

joe e.

PS
I just became a "Garage Guru" with two stars.

Bookends
Link to my photo gallery

Edited by - joee on Apr 29 2004 10:38:31
Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2004 :  18:24:34   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yup! That was me! I was picking up some capacitors at Radio Shack.

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page

joee
Master Technician

226 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2004 :  19:43:27   View joee's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit joee's Homepage  Send joee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its nice to see such a beautiful car on the road.
It truly stood out as the traffic passed by.
I was on San Tomas heading to work. I really like the new rims.

Bookends
Link to my photo gallery
Go To Top Of Page

Jim
Gas-fueled God

305 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2004 :  23:08:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was in Phoenix last week and saw a green one pulling into the golf club in Wild Horse Pass. I had to continue on to the conference for work. The guy driving the rental mini-van has a 535i but wouldn't follow the 45er to chat. Only the second time I've seen one in the wild.

Jim
Go To Top Of Page

kelvin
Garage Guru

132 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2004 :  02:52:53  Show Profile  Send kelvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi all
My name is Kelvin, I live here near Baltimore in Laurel actually, I currently have an 86 535i 5sp that i will be converting to a 545 very soon...

nice to see there are other enthusiasts out there

if anyone knows of good part yards near here lemme know, i'm currently looking for donor cars

ohhhh yeeeaaaah [--]
-me
Go To Top Of Page

Panzer
Garage Guru

185 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2004 :  08:35:01   View Panzer's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Sergio

I'm from Philadelphia. Let me know if you need any help. I'm a pretty good mechanic if you looking for somebody.

Mariusz
1988 E32 735i w/M106 [aka Panzermobile]
1986 Jaguar XJS V12
2002 Nissan Pathfinder

Never use any force ... just get a bigger hammer.

Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Prev Page | Next Page
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 0.34 secs. Snitz Forums 2000