BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 The e23 745i and Turbocharged BMW Motor Topics
 Readers' Rides & PROJECT BLOGS
 Scottie's 1984 745i
Next Page
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2004 :  21:51:02   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When I first bought the car...

At this point I had fitted the Team 745i performance package, a boost guage and an AF ratio gauage. 350hp and 14" tires are not a recommended combination!

Putting on the front euro bumper...

With Victor's old car in the reflection...

Small pictures....

At this point, I had replaced the front suspention, wheel bearings brakes, rear springs and put Bilstein HDs on. New stainless brake lines, booster, master cyl...

With BBS wheels, new springs and a some wax...

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile

Bob745_Dallas
Gas-fueled God

311 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2004 :  22:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice Scottie!

What do you have mounted where your wastegate solenoid is supposed to be? Assume it is controlling the wastegate, but did you do away with the factory solenoid?
Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2004 :  22:06:05   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was some sort of gizmo that Don lent me to play around with. It has since been removed. That reminds me, Don. I have to give that back to you!

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page

qwikxr
Master Technician

290 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2004 :  05:24:16  Show Profile  Send qwikxr an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Beauty of a whip, scottie!
I like the BBS wheels alot!
Is the Team745i Perf. pkg available stateside? Of do I need to ship off my EWG to Finland? [13]

Regards,
Rik

'85 745i turbo - 4 SALE
'87 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L Turbo
'92 VW Cabriolet - ABA 2.0L swap - Turbo project - 4 SALE SOLD
'82 VW Scirocco SOLD
Go To Top Of Page

Jon 86 745 MS
Over 745 Posts!

1423 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2004 :  19:53:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is available here. Please contact me for information.

Jon Jacobs
85 Korman 745i (AKA Das Borg) R.I.P.
86 745i (Die Rakete)(no mas :(
1.2 bar + Boost with
Team WWW.745i.com Performance Parts
Go To Top Of Page

Steven
Grease Monkey

89 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2004 :  12:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are really some beautiful pictures you posted. I really enjoy seeing pictures of the progress of everyone 745i. Yours is very tastefully done. That from spoiler looks great. Is it an OEM pice or from a tuner such as BBS or Zender?
Go To Top Of Page

Steven
Grease Monkey

89 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2004 :  13:44:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scottie the car looks amazing with that front spoiler. It looks so good I had to get one for myself. I found one locally and picked it up used, it needs a little work to make it perfect but that fine.

Anyway, your spoiler dosnt seem to have the opening on the pass side of the fog light for the cooling fan, is this so or is it the way the picture was taken?

Also can you please describe in detail the installation of the front spoiler. It looks as if you had us bumopers first then converted to euro bumpers. On the euro bumpers do you need to remove the rubber strip in order to mount the spoiler? Thanks for any help you might provide.

Go To Top Of Page

qwikxr
Master Technician

290 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2004 :  18:09:24  Show Profile  Send qwikxr an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If I'm not mistaken, the vents on the right of the pass. side foglight, that is for the charge-air cooler (intercooler/aftercooler, whatever ya wanna call it..) 8-)

'85 745i turbo - 4 SALE
'87 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L Turbo
'92 VW Cabriolet - ABA 2.0L swap - Turbo project - 4 SALE SOLD
'82 VW Scirocco SOLD
Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2004 :  18:59:49   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven

Scottie the car looks amazing with that front spoiler. It looks so good I had to get one for myself. I found one locally and picked it up used, it needs a little work to make it perfect but that fine.

Anyway, your spoiler dosnt seem to have the opening on the pass side of the fog light for the cooling fan, is this so or is it the way the picture was taken?

Also can you please describe in detail the installation of the front spoiler. It looks as if you had us bumopers first then converted to euro bumpers. On the euro bumpers do you need to remove the rubber strip in order to mount the spoiler? Thanks for any help you might provide.

Steven, thanks!

That is a BBS front spoiler. It is identical as the 745i one except for the cutouts for the intercooler. I took it off a euro 728 or 732 or something.

Mounting it is quite simple. There are only six bolts holding it on. I'm surprised it stays on at triple digits, really!

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page

Steven
Grease Monkey

89 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2004 :  10:01:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scottie can you tell me how to remove the front rubber molding that wraps around the euro bumper?

To me it look like you have to gain access behind there in order to mount the spoiler, is that right or no?

Thanks
Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2004 :  16:34:11   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
you take the entire unit off as once piece...

The trim does come off. It's heldonwith 10mm nuts I believe from the rear...

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 0.8 secs. Snitz Forums 2000