BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 Marketplace
 Miller Performance
 745i MILLER Performance Wastgate Upgrade
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Hit Man X
Over 745 Posts!

1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  00:27:51  Show Profile  Send Hit Man X an AOL message  Send Hit Man X an ICQ Message  Click to see Hit Man X's MSN Messenger address  Send Hit Man X a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Is it true that the adjustable 'gates will allow boost to come on sooner?

This is my sig...

Four 745i! One '83 and three '85...I am a glutton for punishment.
Go To Top Of Page

345is

550 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2006 :  00:35:48   View 345is's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit 345is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you have it dialed in just right, yes.

Dan Miller
Miller Performance
Miller Performance
Email: dan@millerperformancecars.com
Go To Top Of Page

Hit Man X
Over 745 Posts!

1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  10:22:53  Show Profile  Send Hit Man X an AOL message  Send Hit Man X an ICQ Message  Click to see Hit Man X's MSN Messenger address  Send Hit Man X a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Is it a significant difference is time or nothing to write home about?

This is my sig...

Go To Top Of Page

345is

550 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  11:04:03   View 345is's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit 345is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its all about how you have the control of the boost dialed in, If you buy a electronic boost controler you can use this wastegate and have boost come on extreamly soon. and yes it will come on way sooner. its all about the setup, the control of the wastegate, for a wastegate to work well you first of all have to have a good mechanical part, which is our wastegate, the mechanical workings of the wastegate will, by its self allow for minimal control over boost pressures. however the addition of a well thought out boost controller will make the difference as to how fast the boost will come on.

Dan Miller
Miller Performance
Miller Performance
Go To Top Of Page

Hit Man X
Over 745 Posts!

1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  21:55:36  Show Profile  Send Hit Man X an AOL message  Send Hit Man X an ICQ Message  Click to see Hit Man X's MSN Messenger address  Send Hit Man X a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Which electronic one would you recommend? Also, how exactly will it interact with the wastegate?

This is my sig...

Go To Top Of Page

345is

550 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  22:22:21   View 345is's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit 345is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HKS makes one that is fairly reasonable, so does GReddy, but bolth are still in the High $300`s
they work by pulsing a magnetic solenoid valve to make boost come on sooner and hold a steady level.

Dan Miller
Miller Performance
Miller Performance
Go To Top Of Page

draleu
Gas-fueled God

512 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2006 :  23:09:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I carry both the HKS EVC and Greddy Profec. I will be installing mine(Greddy) next week after I get everything dialed in.

Let me know if anyone wants one.

David
Go To Top Of Page

Hit Man X
Over 745 Posts!

1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2006 :  11:53:19  Show Profile  Send Hit Man X an AOL message  Send Hit Man X an ICQ Message  Click to see Hit Man X's MSN Messenger address  Send Hit Man X a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Do they replace that stock magnetic solenoid?

Install sounds simple but what needs to be tapped and where?

This is my sig...

Go To Top Of Page

CptChaos
Garage Guru

107 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  17:00:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should be ordering one of the new wastegates next month (b-day present, yay!). I think my current modified wastegate isn't working right. I've flopped out two different modified ECU's and can't get past 6 lbs. I've also gone over the plumbing a bunch, so I don't think it's a vac leak.

Anyway, there is a boost controller (Profec) on my car from the PO that I have disconnected for troubleshooting, but would consider adding back in with the new wastegate. Any recommendations on connecting it with the new wastegate? Also, what sort of turnaround on the new units?
Go To Top Of Page

345is

550 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  21:21:45   View 345is's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit 345is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The new wastegates are usually shiped a couple of days after you order, but we are low on cores right now so until i get some more cores returned you will have to ship me yours and I will ship it out a coulpe of days later.

Dan Miller
Miller Performance
Miller Performance
Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Prev Page | Next Page
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 2.11 secs. Snitz Forums 2000