BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 The e23 745i and Turbocharged BMW Motor Topics
 BMW M106/M102/M30 Turbo Topics
 New members welcome!
Next Page
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2002 :  23:12:10   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know, looking at the members list (link, upper right), we usually get 1-3 new users signing onto the board each day. Today we got 6! That is surprising. I didn't know there were so many e23 and turbo nut cases around.

For you new members, you'll see that this is a friendly board and we like to keep the tone nice and cute with a little sarcasm (please note wide variety of smileys).

You can post whatever you want as long as it is in good taste. I'm not going to cut off your appendages for posting a message in the wrong topic, but please try to stick your notes in the right section. Like for sale/wanted stuff should go in the for sale/wanted section.

If you have pictures, you can attach them to your message (upload them) to this server. Make sure they have a .gif or .jpg extension (note lowercase).

If you are wondering what I'm talking about, you can read through the FAQ (link, upper right) and/or go to the testing forum and trying posting a few test messages.

Welcome!

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP
84 745i
85 535i

Noval
Grease Monkey

50 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2002 :  00:52:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mja ... I`m back from vacation and hardly recognize this site ... lots of users ... nice !

My home where my BMW lays.

745i 85.
633CSi 77.
Go To Top Of Page

will735iL
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2003 :  03:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just joined!
Over the past 6 years, I had a 90 325i, an 84 533 and now have an 89 735iL. I like the big cars (have two kids and will never own a van) and am really intreged by the turbo idea. I am here to learn the ins and outs and want to eventually fabricate a turbo system for my m30 with help from the collective.
cheers
will
Go To Top Of Page

Jon 86 745 MS
Over 745 Posts!

1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2003 :  06:28:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will, great to have you on board. I think you will find that in the long run it is cheaper and better to just find a 745 and begain to restore or repair. Even better is to find one that everything is already done. That way you have a grear running car and something that is much easier to maintain.

Good luck and welcome to the board.

Jon Jacobs
85 Korman 745i (AKA Das Borg) R.I.P.
86 745i (Die Rakete)(no mas :(
1.2 bar + Boost with
Team WWW.745i.com Performance Parts
Go To Top Of Page

Afshin-Switzerland
Over 745 Posts!

1847 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2003 :  08:03:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Will You're forsure here at the best address to achieve your project ... .

Regards, Afshin.
1982 745i (5-Speed)

Regards, Afshin.
1982 745i (5-Speed)

Edited by - Afshin-Switzerland on Mar 15 2003 08:04:51
Go To Top Of Page

Jon
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2003 :  23:42:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm lookimg for any info on how to connect other cell phones than the Moto v60 into my 745i (2002)

Jon
Go To Top Of Page

Sacred Colour
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2003 :  08:21:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone! Ive been looking around the net for 745i sites and finally found this one. Maybe you guys can help. My husband bought this 84' 745i for really cheap because he wants to take the Turbo off of it and put it on his 533i. He thinks it is an ugly car compared to the 533i. I think the total opposite. I'm trying to convince him to let me have the car including the turbo. The only problem is that supposedly the previous owner had let the car sit over the winter and in the spring time he started it without checking the oil. The person we bought it from was not sure if the engine is siezed or not. Is there any way of checking without towing it to a mechanic? And where can I find a repair manual that even a nieve female can understand? I would really love to get the car running with little help from my husaband.

Thanks for your help.
Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2003 :  09:27:19   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm. First of all, it's good to have a female point of view around here. (Turbo stuff is very machismo; we don't have many ladies on the board. LOL) I'm sure you are going to get a lot of responses to this "save the 745i" topic! We are all very much appreciative to those folks who want to keep their beloved 745i in one peice and not strip it for parts (although the turbo 5 idea is quite a lovely thought - we have a whold discussion board devoted to folks who have done or are thining of doing that swap.)

However, to keep the responses to your post in the right topic, can you post your question again in the 745i forum (assuming of course you're voting for saving the 745i) and that way other folks will put their responses over there? Thanks!

It might be interesting to have your husband sign on and he can let us know about his thoughts for the 533. That way we can get a little friendly intermarital action going on between the boards: one fighting for keeping the 7, the other voting to rip out its M106!!

(I can be like Michael Payne (from Designing for the Sexes) and moderate the whole affair with a limp wrist and a fake English accent -- just like Michael!!! [Sorry am I watching too much HOme and Garden network television?) Or perhaps I am hanging out too much with my new friends at the tire and uphostery shop. More on that later!

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2003 :  09:34:53   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jon, sorry... I think you have the wrong board. This board is for people with the old 745i's, a.k.a. e23. While I'm sure we'd be happy to help if we could, you may not get a lot of responses to your post. Try the e65 boards located at http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e65/ Good luck and drive safel while you drive and chat on the phone and work your navigation system and your i-drive and your dvd player.

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page

86bimmer
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2003 :  15:06:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening Everyone I just became a member. I have a 745i/86 Euro-turbo. My friend and I are completing the restoration and could use some tips on a variety of issues. I'll be on with some request in the near future.
Thanks
86 Bimmer
Go To Top Of Page

duncanm
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2003 :  13:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm a new member. I just bought a 1985 745i. What is the cheapest and easiest way to up my boost to get 300 to 350 HP?
Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 2.5 secs. Snitz Forums 2000