BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 The e23 745i and Turbocharged BMW Motor Topics
 BMW M106/M102/M30 Turbo Topics
 New members welcome!
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

forcedinductionfreak
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - May 26 2004 :  15:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timo, the wheels are the metric size wheels originally fitted to the E28 M535i. The "device" is the fuel distributor,a part of the Pierburg-Solex Zenith DL injection system, which ALPINA favoured at the time. Pretty much identical to the K-Jetronic, which by the way also uses plastic fuel lines.This fuel injection system has proven to be quite problematic,and the fact that no new spare parts are available, have led to many ditching it in favor of a modern injection system. The system was also taken a part on my car, so there had been some problems on it also. Perhaps a reason why the
car was for sale.

Niclas

1980 E12 ALPINA B7 TURBO
19?? E23 745i(soon?)
Go To Top Of Page

tihuovin
Over 745 Posts!

956 Posts

Posted - May 28 2004 :  05:28:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I thought that they were TRX's, either 390's or 415's. Anyway they are rare, that model I mean. I haven't seen any of them in Finnish roads and even the pictures of them are rarely seen.

As I see the picture again, it is sooooooo obvious. I had a hunch that it is fuel injection related, because it looked pretty much like in Audi K-jetronic, but I didn't know that Alpina was using that kind of system too. I have always thought that only L-jetronic or motronic was used in Alpina's. It's always good to learn something new.

BR,
Timo
Go To Top Of Page

Afshin-Switzerland
Over 745 Posts!

1847 Posts

Posted - May 28 2004 :  05:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timo here's a source to get those wheels, I like the price [10]

http://cgi.ebay.ch/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28648&item=7903167771&rd=1

Regards, Afshin.
1982 745i (5-Speed)

Go To Top Of Page

Alex745il
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2004 :  22:38:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i just bought a 745il does anybody know where 2 get good exhaust
Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2004 :  09:53:24   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Stock exhaust? Try Double 02 Parts in Hayward CA. www.double02salvage.com they sell new parts.

For a hot rod exhaust, you could try your local hot rod exhaust shop.

Where are you located? Are you requried to run a cat converter?

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page

Pcolasteve
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2004 :  19:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great site Scotty, Just joined and just started restoring and 86 e23. Maybe later I can move up to a 745 turbo.
I am currently in Florida but grew up in Campbell. My dad owned a few foriegn auto part stores in Campbell and San Jose back in the 70's called Olympic Imports. How long have you been their?
Go To Top Of Page

mdot 633CSi
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2004 :  19:03:10  Show Profile  Send mdot 633CSi an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi. I am new to this forum. I have an '82 633csi and I've been vaguely thinking about doing a motor swap...I've read some of the posts about guys thinking about the doing the same thing and it seems doable. But I have some questions. What are the different 745 motors? M104/6? What are the differences? Is it possible to get 350hp out of all years of 745s? Or just certain years? Since my 633 has the Ljet injection system, does it matter which 745 motor I would want? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

-Mike
Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2004 :  09:34:09   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Mike,

There are two turbo six motors : M102 and M106. The M102 is a 3.2l Jetronic; the M106 is a 3.4l Motronic. It doesn't matter what is currently in your car, since you will probably rip it out anyway. Yes both motors can produce 350hp. The M106 has a better torque curve and has better engine management. The M102 is easier to install and run. But if you have a choice, get the M106.

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page

bora745ia
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2004 :  12:07:01  Show Profile  Visit bora745ia's Homepage  Send bora745ia an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
hello People
I am so glad that I have joined to this group as BMW Mania.
If you need anything from turkey please do not hesitate to ask me .
Best Regards

Bora745ia

Ultimate Driving Maschine
Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2004 :  12:38:54   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey! Welcome Bora745ia !!

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Prev Page | Next Page
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 2.47 secs. Snitz Forums 2000