BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 The e23 745i and Turbocharged BMW Motor Topics
 BMW M106/M102/M30 Turbo Topics
 New members welcome!
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  19:14:59   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, all!

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page

9mil
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  17:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
been lurking for a while- thought i would say hi!
in the process of building and swaping an m106 into my 87 635csi. thanks for all the info- these kinds of projects- no matter how straight forward- are dam near impossible without sites like this!
Thanks

Phil in Atlanta

1987 635CSI- turbo conversion
1998 540i 6spd sport
2005 XC90
Go To Top Of Page

Hit Man X
Over 745 Posts!

1681 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  15:25:59  Show Profile  Send Hit Man X an AOL message  Send Hit Man X an ICQ Message  Click to see Hit Man X's MSN Messenger address  Send Hit Man X a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 9mil

been lurking for a while- thought i would say hi!
in the process of building and swaping an m106 into my 87 635csi. thanks for all the info- these kinds of projects- no matter how straight forward- are dam near impossible without sites like this!
Thanks

Phil in Atlanta

Seen you from over on myE28. Please keep us updated with information as much of it here is very dated or the pictures are NLA.

This is my sig...

Four 745i! One '83 and three '85...I am a glutton for punishment.
Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  18:55:33   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Phil, welcome to the site! Keep us posted on your car by staring a thread in the projects section. Post pics! :-)

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page

NoCarGo
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  23:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, and thank you for hosting these forums for so long! I have had a 1985 745i darkening my driveway since 2009. Hasn't been driven since 2005.

Finally put a battery in it today. Since it didn't magically start up and let me speed around town like I had dreamed, I am going to have a million questions for you experts out there. Please bear with the new guy- I am so excited to finally get this baby rolling!
Go To Top Of Page

Hit Man X
Over 745 Posts!

1681 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  16:21:38  Show Profile  Send Hit Man X an AOL message  Send Hit Man X an ICQ Message  Click to see Hit Man X's MSN Messenger address  Send Hit Man X a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NoCarGo

Hi, and thank you for hosting these forums for so long! I have had a 1985 745i darkening my driveway since 2009. Hasn't been driven since 2005.

Finally put a battery in it today. Since it didn't magically start up and let me speed around town like I had dreamed, I am going to have a million questions for you experts out there. Please bear with the new guy- I am so excited to finally get this baby rolling!

LOL, I had the same delusions of grandeur when I finally was able to restart my '85. At least mine runs now, albeit very poorly.

Start with removing all the dead fuel, replacing ALL fuel lines, filter, verify both pumps are working, having the injectors professionally cleaned, lashing valves w/ new gasket, and verifying no vac leaks. Best way to get the ball rolling.

From then on, make a thread and take some pics for us!

This is my sig...

Four 745i! One '83 and three '85...I am a glutton for punishment.
Go To Top Of Page

otorre
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  10:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,
My name is Oscar, I'm from Spain.
I have been reading this great forum the last months and finally I have bought a M102 engine for my 1976 633csi.
Hope in summer I can start with the swaps (and the questions).
I introduce my car in this topic: http://bmwturbos.scottiesharpe.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5844
Thanks for this forum!

645csi Spanish Project
Go To Top Of Page

spanish345
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  17:50:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, im a new member of this family. im from spain, and so really noob !! but im ready for learning here ;)
Go To Top Of Page

745i-fanaat
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  01:48:48  Show Profile  Visit 745i-fanaat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

Just registered here as I have a real challenge on my hands, but more on that in another topic. I am proper junk and BMW is my addiction. I own 3 at the moment which is too much for a car-unfriendly country that the Netherlands is. My E28 was my first BMW and is by far the cheapest to run, with 28.3 MPG on average, it's done 127000 miles.
My second BMW is the E23 745i, because it's got loads of character inside and out. It started as a project to keep, but then I found my third BMW, the E38 750i, becasue I've always wanted a V12. And what a car that is! The enjoyment is tempered by hogh roadtax, but on fuel it's not too bad, I'm getting 21.3 MPG on a run, but never do town driving with it. As soon as I know how insert pics, these will be added.

Best!
Elmer

E28 525e Edition Diamantschwarz
E23 745iA Burgundrot II
E38 750i Arktissilber
Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  10:43:11   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Elmer,

I think most guys would have stopped with the e23 745i, but you took the extra step and picked up an e32 750i, eh?

You must be a glutton for punishment!! Ha ha.

Welcome! Please post some pics of your rides!

Best,

Scottie

quote:
Originally posted by 745i-fanaat

Hi Everyone,

Just registered here as I have a real challenge on my hands, but more on that in another topic. I am proper junk and BMW is my addiction. I own 3 at the moment which is too much for a car-unfriendly country that the Netherlands is. My E28 was my first BMW and is by far the cheapest to run, with 28.3 MPG on average, it's done 127000 miles.
My second BMW is the E23 745i, because it's got loads of character inside and out. It started as a project to keep, but then I found my third BMW, the E38 750i, becasue I've always wanted a V12. And what a car that is! The enjoyment is tempered by hogh roadtax, but on fuel it's not too bad, I'm getting 21.3 MPG on a run, but never do town driving with it. As soon as I know how insert pics, these will be added.

Best!
Elmer

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Prev Page | Next Page
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 2.3 secs. Snitz Forums 2000