BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 The e23 745i and Turbocharged BMW Motor Topics
 Readers' Rides & PROJECT BLOGS
 The history of a semi-legend in the making!
Previous Page
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

vincit1
Garage Guru

122 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  03:50:57   View vincit1's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Send vincit1 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just spoke with Dan the other day and we decided to forgo the Automatic tranny and convert her........more will be revealed......lets just say for now that it will be a HUGE upgrade!!!!!!!!

One half of the world has no idea how the other half lives.
Go To Top Of Page

draleu
Gas-fueled God

512 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  08:02:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 345is

The MS Engine Series Makes 450 Whp and 460 Wtq That equivilates to 487 Crank HP and 500 Crank Tq. This is 15 PSI on Pump gas. Engine runs Stock ECU Motronic 1.3 as found in E32/ E34 M30/B35 cars. Here is a link to more info and dynosheets! http://www.millerperformancecars.com/articles/informatory/917-articles/79-miller-ms3-engine.html

Dan,

Is this engine running the B35 head and intake instead of the M106 turbo head and intake? Can the ECU be adapted for use on our modded 745s?
Thanks.

David

Edited by - draleu on Apr 22 2008 08:03:43
Go To Top Of Page

345is

550 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  02:33:37   View 345is's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit 345is's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes this is a B35 head, and no this ecu would be quite the job to convert, the biggest problem is the Auto transmission. The ecu that is best suited for the 745i would be the Bosch 059, which comes in the e28 535i. this ecu is a nice control unit and is inexpensive for doing this. the only problem is the auto trany, I would have to look into seeing what it would take to make a control unit for a e28 535i auto trany work. but probably not worth the hassle, if you have a manual trany then ya no prob.

Dan Miller
Miller Performance
Miller Performance
Email: dan@millerperformancecars.com
Go To Top Of Page

vincit1
Garage Guru

122 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  07:20:49   View vincit1's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Send vincit1 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 345is

Yes this is a B35 head, and no this ecu would be quite the job to convert, the biggest problem is the Auto transmission. The ecu that is best suited for the 745i would be the Bosch 059, which comes in the e28 535i. this ecu is a nice control unit and is inexpensive for doing this. the only problem is the auto trany, I would have to look into seeing what it would take to make a control unit for a e28 535i auto trany work. but probably not worth the hassle, if you have a manual trany then ya no prob.

Hence our decision to convert to a M5 tranny......wohooooo!!! She is gonna be bad to the bone.....

Go To Top Of Page

vincit1
Garage Guru

122 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  19:00:32   View vincit1's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Send vincit1 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow times have been tough and finally there has been a ray of light and a refinance has been approved.......updates should follow now in pretty rapid succession...stay tuned!

Go To Top Of Page

vincit1
Garage Guru

122 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  09:24:12   View vincit1's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Send vincit1 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok so you guys don't think we gave up the block and head are going to the machine shop and we will be starting the final steps to have the full stage III super salon. More to follow

Go To Top Of Page

vincit1
Garage Guru

122 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  04:44:48   View vincit1's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Send vincit1 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Block is in KS with Paul and head is going to the shop.....we are going full court press on this now...photos soon...

Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  10:52:10   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awaiting update!!!

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Prev Page
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 0.28 secs. Snitz Forums 2000