BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 The e23 745i and Turbocharged BMW Motor Topics
 Readers' Rides & PROJECT BLOGS
 turbo 6 project
Previous Page
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

kelvin
Garage Guru

132 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  15:05:11  Show Profile  Send kelvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Scottie it has stayed together fine running at 17psi now.

I've upped the boost again and it has run great through fall and winter. I made a larger 3.25" downpipe that I just put on and have a larger meth nozzle. I also had the driveshaft rebuilt (again), new uuc trans mounts, guibo, and whiteline front swaybar. I will be tuning up to *cough* 20psi and dynoing again by the end of this summer as to enjoy the car before testing the limits. BTW this is a 9:1 compression b35 with only a slightly thicker mls gasket and stock bottom end with 270k. The way I see it as long as the IAT is reasonable (below 100F) this can be achieved with water/meth injection and the upgraded k27 should still be making power. I am now at the limit of the 745i stuff. Hoping to make 400rwhp and 500rwt. Once I do that I will be selling this setup and tune and upgrading to a much larger turbo and manifold.
Go To Top Of Page

kelvin
Garage Guru

132 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2014 :  17:28:55  Show Profile  Send kelvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
On a mustang dyno this morning I made 384 hp and 493 tq at the wheels! I will post some pics later. This was 19psi peak tapering to 17. 20psi and I will have surpassed the goal. I'm currently waiting on a new meth filter bowl which broke after the first run and started leaking.
Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Prev Page
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 2.64 secs. Snitz Forums 2000