BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 The e23 745i and Turbocharged BMW Motor Topics
 Non-M30-Based BMW Turbo Topics
 Turbo or supercharge M70 V12??
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Afshin-Switzerland
Over 745 Posts!

1847 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  08:57:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

Well as I'm still looking for a decent 45er and keep hanging out with my E32 750i...thought I might could use the board's knowledge to realize this project... any thoughts? Any one done this before? 6-speed Stick conversion would be nice too...but that's a another story..lol..

Regards, Afshin.
1982 745i (5-Speed)

Hit Man X
Over 745 Posts!

1681 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  22:09:25  Show Profile  Send Hit Man X an AOL message  Send Hit Man X an ICQ Message  Click to see Hit Man X's MSN Messenger address  Send Hit Man X a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the late reply, but the M70 has some of the smallest camshafts BMW has ever installed... they are horrible. Schrick makes some off the shelf ones that will work.

The heads themselves do not flow great either, all things considered.

Also, the EML computer keeps the DKs (throttle bodies) from opening 100% until about 4000rpm... so you need to chip that to gain a lot of performance at lower speeds. The Motronics also use very low ignition timing tables so quite a bit can be gained with chipping them too.

Early 750s in the US came with a 3.15:1 diff and late came with the 3.64:1, so that alone will help quite a bit with power.

Lastly, there is very little room to do extensive modifications. How much power are you trying to obtain?

This is my sig...

Four 745i! One '83 and three '85...I am a glutton for punishment.
Go To Top Of Page

Jens
Team745i

266 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  06:39:43  Show Profile  Visit Jens's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Afshin my friend been a long time,
My advise would be Super charger because the 750 compression racial
is to mutch to deal with.

I'm in the process of designing a Turbo kit for a 540i E39 right now.

Sincerely Jens
Go To Top Of Page

Jens
Team745i

266 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  06:42:00  Show Profile  Visit Jens's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hit Man X

I have over written that many times with making the ECU think different and it
is a matter of messing with the O2 sensor

Sincerely Jens
Go To Top Of Page

Afshin-Switzerland
Over 745 Posts!

1847 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  12:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys thanks alot for replies..!! I'd lost hope and wasn't checking here anymore..lol..

I already got those chips ready to go on (one for each Motronic and one for EML) but that stuff wouldn't make a great difference such as a supercharger or a turbocharger...

@ Jens, Heeey bud glad to see you're still around..!!! It's been a loooong time... what you've been up to?
Yepp I was thinking about a supercharger too...as I only got a 8.5:1 compression ratio...sounds all like a DIY job.. no kits or any thing at all out there...

Regards, Afshin.
1982 745i (5-Speed)

Go To Top Of Page

ARINUTS
Master Technician

236 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2010 :  17:46:44   View ARINUTS's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would do twin holset he351ve turbos , if you had the room for them. Much more work , but much more fun too, once the work is done, of course.
Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 0.28 secs. Snitz Forums 2000