BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 The e23 745i and Turbocharged BMW Motor Topics
 BMW M106/M102/M30 Turbo Topics
 AEM FIC 6 and M30B35 Motronic 1.3 Experience
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hayta
Grease Monkey

79 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  02:32:00  Show Profile  Click to see Hayta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi after a long break.

Car was E34 5.35i which had a v12 m70 experience for some time ended up with two broken gearboxes, resulting 2 years of garage sleeping. In that time period I cleared up all the problems of my M30B35 Turbo. Now the engine is nearly in perfect condition.

At the time that I was trying to tune my car, I was using Apexi AFC neo for fuel and MSD boost timing master for ignition retarding.

Using apexi AFC neo was causing some AFM errors due to low AFM voltage (manuplated by AFC). Thus, I decided to switch to AEM FIC6 for fuel and MSD Boost timing master for ignition.

I have no idea of what has happened, but MSD Boost timing master is not working. As AEM FIC6 can also control ignition, I decided to go with it instead of MSD.

I've checked it in some other forums and saw that people are encountering problems. As the crack sensor is 3 wired they think it's a hall effect sensor, but at real sensor is a mag type sensor and third pin is isolation for the sensor cable.

My question is, has any of you used AEM FIC6 for Motronic 1.3 for both fuel and ignition controlling? What prons and cons have you seen? what other problems have you encountered?

Waiting impatiently to soak all the info :D

Best,
Kerem

The more I drive others, the more I love my Bimmer

Hayta
Grease Monkey

79 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  00:12:13  Show Profile  Click to see Hayta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Anyone to comment?

Do you all use megasquirt that makes nothing on the car but the engine work?

Go To Top Of Page

bilodeaulynn
Gas-fueled God

355 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2014 :  06:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am getting ready to take the plunge using a 179 computer with the miller turbo tune package.
I got kind of a bastard step child of a harness (made for an eml equipped e34) but it should have all I need.

I have two threads going here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2072247-ECU-applications
and here: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2051541-Build-thread-Turbo-motor-for-my-745i-(sorry-for-the-long-first-post)/page3

Boy, would I like to be able to impart all that info you want to soak up. However, as you can tell from my current experience, there isn't a lot of info out there. Will gladly share what I discover.

Just came back to this board to get pin out info on the 013. I know it is posted here somewhere.

Lynn J. Bilodeau
Go To Top Of Page

kelvin
Garage Guru

132 Posts

Posted - May 04 2014 :  17:30:46  Show Profile  Send kelvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I have some experience tuning with aem fic on my cammed n.a. subaru 2.5. I also have 635 turbo megasquirt. I will tell it just how it is.. fic for my DD and megasquirt for the racecar. Timing retard for fic once you get it setup and calibrated is great. Fuel control not so great, but then again I'm tuning with obdII. There are many options to tune, they all pretty much work. For the feel of full control, megasquirt all the way.
Go To Top Of Page

Hayta
Grease Monkey

79 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  02:28:02  Show Profile  Click to see Hayta's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi after one year.

Let me summarize what I did;

* Motrưnic 1.3 + AEM FIC: horrible tunes can change daily
* Motronic 1.3 + Miller WAR Chip: far better but not enough options for tuning.
* Megasquirt 2 V 3.0 board: way much better compared to the first two but hardware quality issues with MS itself.
* Link G4 storm + Audi S4 coils: unbeleivably good. Car is my daily driver now. fuel consumption is less then stock 535i (yes this is true with a good tune). That big M30B35 works as stable as M50.

I'm running 1 bar of boost without any problems for the past 6 months.

Go To Top Of Page

ra0507
Over 745 Posts!

1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2015 :  15:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is yours a 745i (84-85) that you have installed the Link G4 storm system on or is it a non-turbo-charged car?
Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 0.39 secs. Snitz Forums 2000