BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 The e23 745i and Turbocharged BMW Motor Topics
 BMW M106/M102/M30 Turbo Topics
 Megasquirting M106
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ZenitramNaes
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2014 :  10:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

For those who read my introduction post a while back, knows that I have a m106 swapped in my '89 e34 535i/5. ALso running and MSD 6-BTM Boost Timer, BEGi RRFPR, 30lb injectors, Innovate MTX-L WB, custom 3-inch turbo back exhaust, with stock manifold, stock k27, ect.

The m106 was swapped in by a previous owner and long story short, I have no clue what type of ecu it's even running and the wiring is a huge hack job. The car actually runs exceptional well given these circumstances but these among some other problems are really creating a problem upgrading other components of the engine.

For the past year I've been slowly collecting parts and reading through all the manuals and just yesterday I finally ordered the 55 pin Bosch diypnp. My plan is to use an m30b35 engine harness for the 55 pin connector.

Periodically, I'll be updating this thread with information pertaining to this build since I haven't read a real MS build for an m106 engine. Hopefully, I won't make too many mistakes but when I do, someone else will learn from them and find this information useful. Also, shout out to HitManx for getting me to where I am today with MS, you've been a huge help.

EDIT 3/31/2014

Here is a link to a thread I've created on Bimmerforums where I'm much more active. Here is all the information about my megasquirt build.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2090585-ZenitramNaes-build-thread-MegaSquirt-content

Edited by - ZenitramNaes on Mar 31 2014 20:35:30

ZenitramNaes
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  11:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a little update if you're aren't following the thread. Megasquirt is up and running the m106 and I've been adjusting the timing and fuel map today.
Go To Top Of Page

kelvin
Garage Guru

132 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2014 :  17:41:43  Show Profile  Send kelvin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to hear that buddy. Isn't it awesome? I would ditch the rrfpr and get bigger injectors pronto, the rrfpr will unnecessarily complicate things. A tip for the short term, if your fuel pump is up to it, snag an 87 944s fpr. They are 3.5 bar vs 3 bar and will increase your headroom and are cheap with an off brand. Bolts right up and looks the same. I run one with 42lb injectors. I might be off by a year but it's definitely the s model 944 in a letter year that had 3.5 bar.
Go To Top Of Page

SicStang03
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2014 :  07:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you go to Florida State? My wife just graduated a little over 1 year ago from there. I would love to check this car out next time we are in the area.
Go To Top Of Page

ZenitramNaes
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2014 :  02:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kelvin

I'm glad to hear that buddy. Isn't it awesome? I would ditch the rrfpr and get bigger injectors pronto, the rrfpr will unnecessarily complicate things. A tip for the short term, if your fuel pump is up to it, snag an 87 944s fpr. They are 3.5 bar vs 3 bar and will increase your headroom and are cheap with an off brand. Bolts right up and looks the same. I run one with 42lb injectors. I might be off by a year but it's definitely the s model 944 in a letter year that had 3.5 bar.

Yes, the rrfpr is long gone now. Thanks for the tip, I'll look further into the 3.5 BAR fpr. As for the injectors, still running the 30lb but plan on upgrading turbo and some other bits as well so the injectors will get replaced.

quote:
Originally posted by SicStang03

Do you go to Florida State? My wife just graduated a little over 1 year ago from there. I would love to check this car out next time we are in the area.

I'm actually attending TCC but would be more than happy to meet up. Just message me and let me know next time you're in the area!

Edited by - ZenitramNaes on Oct 15 2014 12:43:19
Go To Top Of Page

ZenitramNaes
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  20:24:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a yearly update. Bought a Holset Hx40 and plan on swapping out the k27 for a top mount setup among other things. Should be a considerable power upgrade.
Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 0.34 secs. Snitz Forums 2000