BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 Normally Aspirated BMWs
 The E23 Board
 Auto hvac system
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greg_mazur
Over 745 Posts!

1234 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  04:16:28   View greg_mazur's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have repaired and troubleshoot this system so often I have come to the conclusion that it is too unreliable . A electrical bridge too far for the technology of that time period. The problem is in the controller, the downstream components are ok.
Considering a series of switches directly to key solenoids to open van lines to enable functions. Up/down, heat, defrost. Anyone do this?

srfsteve
Gas-fueled God

653 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2014 :  13:51:52  Show Profile  Send srfsteve a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

Greg,

I havent done it , but agreed, the HVAC is too unreliable. The biggest factor in the holding the value down on e 23. the vacuum system plastic actuator pods are also unreliable. I once saw an e23 L7 with HVAC slide levers like on an e 30. would love to convert to that.
Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 0.33 secs. Snitz Forums 2000