BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 Normally Aspirated BMWs
 The E23 Board
 Any tricks to mak window motors and seat motors wo
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

srfsteve
Gas-fueled God

653 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2014 :  14:16:44  Show Profile  Send srfsteve a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Im,guessing some of these motors dont work due to sitting too long and no longer have good brush contact to armature. Can they be taken apart or is there some other trick to make them function again?

Apologies in advance if that answer can be found in the message archives. My search ability on this computer is almost useless.

greg_mazur
Over 745 Posts!

1234 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  02:06:39   View greg_mazur's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where have u been? What u driving?
I never took a window or seat motor apart, always kept the mechanism free moving and never
Pushed a motor hard.
I do plan a seat overhaul, but not now..
Will search for you.
Go To Top Of Page

srfsteve
Gas-fueled God

653 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  17:23:27  Show Profile  Send srfsteve a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Greg,

Mostly Ive been trying to finish a big addition to the house. Long story. Anyway Ive still got my 2/84 745. have sorted out some of the issues. Latest is one of the seat motors only operates one way unless I put extra voltage on it. Tranny till wont shift till I get run it for 5 or 10 minutes... then its perfect.

Also a couple of days ago the ignition key wouldn't turn. Its not clear to me how to take it off or if there is some other fix. Like swapping out the steering column?!! Any better ideas?

Glad you are still active and my favorite forum is alive and well.

Steve

Go To Top Of Page

greg_mazur
Over 745 Posts!

1234 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  18:55:11   View greg_mazur's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You could be right but most pele just buy another motor, used or even a non bmw motor.
Never tried to open the case. You can tell a locked jammed motor from a open wire motor by watching your headlights while attempting to lower window/seat. A jammed motor will dim the headlights due to current draw, a open motor will not .
Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 0.3 secs. Snitz Forums 2000