BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 General or Non-Automotive Topics
 First Post Goes Here!
 Been reading forum for years, finally joined.
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bstowell
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2014 :  20:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, just wanted to say that I'm really excited to finally be completely on board here. I have an '85 745i that I bought in CA and had shipped to Corpus Christi, TX. Ran well for a while, but about 2 years ago got coolant in the oil pan. Started the tear down to replace head-gasket. Finally, 2 years later I have it put back together, but am running into some problems. Hit Man X I know you are in TX as well. Would love to pick your massively large 745i library brain of yours to help me get this thing raging again.

Hit Man X
Over 745 Posts!

1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2014 :  21:25:13  Show Profile  Send Hit Man X an AOL message  Send Hit Man X an ICQ Message  Click to see Hit Man X's MSN Messenger address  Send Hit Man X a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you joined up! Post pics of the car for others to see! :D

We will have that car running by end of the week.

This is my sig...

Four 745i! One '83 and three '85...I am a glutton for punishment.
Go To Top Of Page

bpastorio
Grease Monkey

52 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2014 :  21:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard and good luck getting your 745i sorted!

My '84 745i started loosing it's headgasket about two years ago...last December I pulled the head and the car has sat for the past year...Santa just brought me the M106 Head Gasket Set and I'm about to send the head over to Seattle to a well trusted and respected machinist to ensure everything is up to par before I put it back together.

Let us know how things shape up!

Scottie, are you still out there? Be aware that one of my New Year's resolutions is to get my 745i back on the road....another is to spend more time on this forum...Happy New Year!

Ben P.

1984 745i Turbo
1988 535is w/M102
Go To Top Of Page

Hit Man X
Over 745 Posts!

1681 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2015 :  16:54:32  Show Profile  Send Hit Man X an AOL message  Send Hit Man X an ICQ Message  Click to see Hit Man X's MSN Messenger address  Send Hit Man X a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
After hours of over the phone testing, his ECU is suspect and en route to me for a test to see if it will start my vehicle.

I even had to deal with a Johnson Box, if you can believe they are still out there installed!

This is my sig...

Go To Top Of Page

Hit Man X
Over 745 Posts!

1681 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2015 :  12:45:17  Show Profile  Send Hit Man X an AOL message  Send Hit Man X an ICQ Message  Click to see Hit Man X's MSN Messenger address  Send Hit Man X a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ECU showed and is kaput. Now we know.

He is going to borrow a spare of mine until we have the other rebuilt.

This is my sig...

Go To Top Of Page

scottie
System Administrator

3845 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2015 :  19:15:07   View scottie's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Visit scottie's Homepage  Send scottie an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I am still here! I have to admit that I do not check in as often as I used to. My E28 M5, E34 525i and 2002 with M20 keep me busy enough!

Welcome to the forum bstowell !

Scottie Sharpe
San Jose CA
Discussion Board SYSOP

88 Dinan M5
1968 2002

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
My Profile
Go To Top Of Page

Hit Man X
Over 745 Posts!

1681 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2015 :  21:48:59  Show Profile  Send Hit Man X an AOL message  Send Hit Man X an ICQ Message  Click to see Hit Man X's MSN Messenger address  Send Hit Man X a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well January has come and gone... sent him an ECU from my stash and still nothing on his end. I forgot to test it before I sent it. In any event, received it back and works. So it went AGAIN to him but I had forgotten to send it with a knock box!

At this point, we have tested and bypassed everything that would prevent spark and the car firing off.

SO, a knock box is going to him shortly to see it fire off. When it does, I requested a carport burn out video for everyone.

This is my sig...

Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 0.59 secs. Snitz Forums 2000