BMW Turbo Discussion  - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums
User Name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
Home | Active Topics (0) | Members | Online Users | Statistics | File Library | Search | Avatar Legend
 All Forums
 The e23 745i and Turbocharged BMW Motor Topics
 BMW M106/M102/M30 Turbo Topics
 Power steering filter
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greg_mazur
Over 745 Posts!

1234 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  02:28:09   View greg_mazur's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been past comments regarding canister reservoir filter for power assist pump.
To my understanding there is only one filter. A plastic sometimes metal mesh at the top of the canister.
Held in place with "C" clip. Purpose to filter new added fluid to reservoir.
I have never seen a lower canister bottom filter. There was some concern of such filter
Deteriorating and damaging the pump. I find no such filter on 45i /33i as of yet.
Is it possible this filter has deteriorated and dropped to canister bottom? Has incorrect
Oil been added and caused deterioration of filter?

walter
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - May 23 2015 :  15:36:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://de.bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/E23/Europe/745i-M30/1985/browse/steering/oil_carrier_single_parts_2/

As seen in the exploded view even though the site messed up the numbers for the parts.
Under normal circumstances nothing to worry about.
When your pump is screaming as it has no oil even though the cannister is filled to the brim, then it calls for inspection.
Go To Top Of Page

greg_mazur
Over 745 Posts!

1234 Posts

Posted - May 25 2015 :  16:03:27   View greg_mazur's Photo Gallery  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok , but I have yet to see a e23 with that filter. There is the screen at the top
But no filter , I wonder if it was deleted?
Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic |  Reply to Topic |  Bookmark Topic |  Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Please consider donating to help keep BMW Turbos! online.
Donate now using the link below. Thank you for helping keep the M102/M106 discussion forum alive!

BMW Turbo Discussion - BMW 745i and BMW Turbo Project Forums © Scottie Sharpe Go To Top Of Page
BMW TURBOS! generated this page in 0.28 secs. Snitz Forums 2000